Data Science Consultant Level II
We help innovative organizations design and develop trustworthy, human-centered AI. We are a team of creative thinkers, relationship builders, and problem solvers from diverse backgrounds, both professionally and personally. We believe that diversity leads to Trusted AI, which is what we hang our hat on.
Why Pandata might be right for you:
- We advocate for Trusted AI, placing an emphasis on fairness, transparency, and privacy. We further this mission by consistently growing our multicultural, multi-discipline, and inclusive team.
- We are a small but growing team. Your experience will be well rounded and impactful.
- We have a strong culture that places an emphasis on living our core values: be approachable, win together, tame uncertainty, pursue growth, and cultivate trust.
- Pandata Cares is a program that ensures our team members have access to health and wellness resources, as well as providing unique incentives tied to performance.
- You will work on fast-paced, cutting edge projects across a wide range of industries and use-cases.
- We put humans first in AI. If you like mixing your data science with relationship building, you’ll love being a data science consultant at Pandata.
- We work hard but make time to have fun!
- We are growing!
Why Pandata might not be right for you:
- We are a small company (10 people). If you like big companies where everything has already been built, now might not be the right time to join the team.
- We are a scale-up. Priorities and responsibilities change regularly to keep up with our evolving business.
- We are consultants, which means we build and nurture relationships with our clients. If building models is primarily what you want to do, we may not be the right fit for you.
What you will do at Pandata:
- Partner with clients to prioritize business and information needs and co-create requirements
- Track record of translating business problems into analytical problems and ability to collaborate with the consulting team to develop appropriate models and solutions
- Form hypotheses and steer the direction of statistical analyses and data exploration
- Build machine learning and AI models using standard and state of the art techniques such as natural language processing and model explainability
- Present information using data visualization techniques and tools
- Develop reports and presentations to communicate findings and recommendations
- Build and develop dashboards and data-driven tools in business intelligence tools like PowerBI and Tableau
- Continue to grow your knowledge of data science tools, platforms, and processes
- Contribute to Pandata’s internal innovation through rapid prototyping and building demos
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, decision makers, and influencers - cultivating these relationships along the way
- Add value to clients beyond problem solving by exploring opportunities to improve their day-to-day operations, turning short-term SOWs into long-term, collaborative relationships.
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Master’s degree in quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, engineering, etc.) +2 years of professional experience or equivalent certification or 5+ years of professional experience in data science (or related field) initiatives
- Track-record of leading projects or initiatives and ability to work both independently and with a team
- Experience developing and validating machine learning models using R or Python (Python preferred, please share portfolio if available)
- Experience leveraging cloud computing environments and complex data flows in context of data science or analytics projects
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Comfort building and nurturing relationships, including regular facilitation of client meetings
- Ability to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an approachable manner
- Strong understanding of statistical, mathematical and machine learning concepts
- Capable of conveying information that affects change and demonstrates results – including actionable reporting
- Track record of bridging the gap between business problems and analytics
- Performance-based bonuses
- 401k plan with match
- Health, dental, and vision
- Potential for growth and training opportunity to become a Senior Data Science Consultant
- Yearly learning budget
Note: Pandata will not sponsor applications for work visas for this position.