Pandata Practice Lead, Data Science
Pandata helps organizations design and develop trustworthy AI solutions. We’re based in Cleveland and have built up a well-respected list of global clients including Cleveland Clinic, Parker Hannifin, FirstEnergy, and Hyland Software.
This is a unique role, one part technical leadership and one part growth hacking. It requires someone who is obsessed with creating measurable value and enjoys mentoring and coaching others along the way. We’re looking for a visionary Data Science Practice Lead excited by our mission, values, and approach. You will lead some of our most senior consultants to design and deliver ML-powered solutions that create value for our clients.
We’re motivated by value creation, with the ambitious ten-year goal of creating over $1b in value for our clients. We get in the trenches with innovators and their teams, working as partners. Over the years, we’ve learned three unique value propositions that serve us well:
- Maintain a lower utilization to empower our team with the freedom and resources to stay up to date in their craft.
- Say no to the black box, developing solutions that are ethical, interpretable, and auditable.
- Emphasize strategy first, and AI second. We use Design Thinking to rapidly prototype and iterate to the right business case.
In this fully remote role, you will drive the overall growth of our Data Science Consulting practice through two primary functions:
- Assess and evaluate client service goals and identify opportunities to deliver value focusing on high-priority work.
- Guide our team and clients through discovery and solution design processes, ensuring buy-in, navigating change management when necessary.
- Manage project economics and risks, assess when project goals need to change, and guide our team and clients through graceful pivots.
- Inspire and hold our team accountable for delivering consistent value to our clients.
- Review, expand, and standardize our existing methodology, tools, and best practices.
- Mentor and cultivate our team members’ consulting skills.
- Maximize team performance, ensure job satisfaction, and maintain consistent talent utilization across projects.
- Partner with Pandata’s CEO to refine our expansion strategy across new and existing clients.
- Identify, plan, and nurture relevant expansion of work across existing clients through appropriate pitches and proposals based on client interests.
- Lead the team through scoping processes with new and existing clients that meet or exceed annual revenue targets and profit margins.
- Drive new revenue from client engagement to solution delivery and implementation.
- Provide thought leadership and produce content to drive sales and delivery of innovative data science consulting solutions.
- Represent Pandata at selected conferences and thought leadership events, cultivating a strong network of peers in data science and innovation arenas.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated ability to understand the fundamentals of delivering machine-learning and data-driven solutions, leading cross-functional teams, remotely, and guiding clients through both innovation and change management processes.
- 5+ years in client-facing analytics leadership experience, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth.
- Previous experience working with business development leadership to develop and nurture relationships at multiple decision-making levels of an organization.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Adept at storytelling and facilitating; an inspiring communicator with the ability to clearly articulate ideas, concepts, and value to a wide range of audiences.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a track record of translating emerging technologies into practical solutions that create value for all involved.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
The ideal candidate may also have a number of the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years experience leveraging analytical programming languages and tools such as SQL, Python, Tableau, and PowerBI
- Advanced knowledge of cloud computing solutions in one or more of AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Prior experience scaling a startup
- Performance-based bonuses
- 401k plan with match
- Health, dental, and vision
- Yearly learning budget
- Commission based on revenue targets
- Business development and travel budget
Why Pandata may be right for you:
- We advocate for Trusted AI, placing an emphasis on fairness, transparency, and privacy. We further this mission by consistently growing our multicultural, multi-discipline, and inclusive team.
- We have a strong culture that places an emphasis on living our core values: be approachable, cultivate trust, tame uncertainty, pursue growth, and win together..
- You will work on fast-paced, cutting-edge projects across a wide range of industries and use-cases.
Why Pandata may not be right for you:
- If you like big companies where everything has already been built, we are not the right fit for you. Your ability to ‘figure it out’ is critical to our growth.
- We are a scale-up. Things move quickly in our evolving business, so you must be skilled at the art of the pivot.
Note: Pandata will not sponsor applications for work visas for this position.